Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rosalie's Room... Forever Unfinished?

So I finally got the flowers up on the wall! I know, I know ... my baby is 11 weeks old, you'd think her nursery would have been finished about... 11 weeks ago? But despite the fact that Rosalie was born a mere one day before her due date... I wasn't ready! So here they are, thanks Cally for your help!


I'm pleased with the result. BUT, I'm less than pleased with her room right now. It's missing STUFF. I'm not sure what to add. I thought that with the crib in it the room would be tiny, but actually it seems like there's a big gulf of space in the middle of the room and there are gaping holes in the layout. I'm not sure what I'll do to make myself feel better about it. I don't want too much on the walls, because of the mural-ly thing, but it needs MORE.






Rosalie fell asleep here on the couch today... All by herself! just sitting there cozied up waiting for a new outfit (she'd decided she needed a wardrobe change and let me know by pooping all over the footie she was wearing). What a big girl!

I sure love this little one.

3 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Her nursery is BEAUTIFUL! I *love* the vinyl on the wall! (we're doing something quite similar above our bed, but with burlap behind...maybe...we'll see!!!)

P.S. How did you make the frame around it? I've been thinking of doing exactly that (on a craft wall to hang the kids' artwork that I'm thinking of)...but don't know how to cut it...?

David and Kaitlyn said...

Thanks! My dad cut the frame for us...
And just FYI we ended up having to use spray adhesive to get the wall decals to stick!!!

Machelle said...

I LOVE your nursery. The color is beautiful!!! What about a mirror in the room? With a beautiful frame around it? Above the dresser? You could also do some art work and hang that near the window (something that supports the colors in the room)??