This week Rosalie was a little out of the ordinary :-/. A good baby of course and not too fussy, but not her usual self for sure.
This post will likely only hold interest (and I use that term VERY loosely) for moms or child care givers....
Rosalie didn't poop for.. a WHILE. I'm not going to say how long because I think I'm a good mom but I don't necessarily believe that medicating is always better than letting nature take its course, and I know many of you would probably have done something sooner than I did and I don't want the comments. (This is said lovingly and with total respect to your point of view, by the way). But when I thought it had been TOO long and before I took her to the doctor the next day I decided to use a baby suppository and that worked! But she sure had me worried for a bit!
So in addition to THAT... Rosalie slept 7 1/2 hours straight one night!!! Then woke up the next night wide awake at midnight and was up for over an hour! She hasn't done that since she was about 3 weeks old. I wonder what's going on with the little tyke???
She did do great on the way to and from Palatka however, she slept almost the whole 3 hours there, waking up about 5 minutes out and then sleeping the WHOLE way back! Nice!
Anyway, since I'm posting this later than usual I can tell you that I'll have some cute new goings on to report next week!


4 comments:
Did you try a rectal thermometer? We had to do that ALL THE TIME with Kiely because she would sometimes go a week or so without pooping. Dr. V said that is the best way to get them to use the sphincter (sp?) muscles.
Also, I am a huge fan of gripe water, it is natural, so not as bad as some medicine, and everytime we gave her some of that, out came the poop!
I meant Kiley, not kiely. I wish I could go back and edit that comment without deleting it!
Haha! Indie the rectal thermometer a few times, it always made her smile! (weird?!) It's good to know Rosaie isn't the only one who likes to hold it. Some people were making me feel like my breastmilk was defective!
Ha awesome NOW I meant I did (not Indie) and Rosalie... I guess that's what I get for trusting the i-touch T9!!!
Post a Comment