Sorry this post is late, I know you've been waiting ;-) Rosalie has been getting REALLY interested in mommy and daddy's food lately, even getting excited when she sees it and then crying when she realizes she doesn't get to share! SO, as sure as I was that I would wait until 6 months to give her 'food' I'm going to start her on rice cereal on the 28th when she's 5 months! She also has been waking up to eat more at night so I think her little growing body is needing something a little more substantial.
So lets hear what you think. I keep having people (strangers) way over-estimate her age, thinking that she's like 6 months old and they're surprised when they find out she's not even 5 months yet! Then they exclaim how BIG she is... but she's not! She's in the 50th percentile for height (though she is a teeny bit chubbilicious). SO is it because the mom HOLDING her is small? Or does my baby really look older? I even had a mom say to her child 'that baby is the same age as you, 6 months old!' so I turned and smiled at them and she asked how old and I said 4 1/2 months and she actually seemed to get upset! Like I was lying! She just pursed her lips and stopped smiling or talking. What's up with that???
It doesn't matter though! She's so stinkin' perfect! She's laughing, babbling, kicking her left leg and scooting around on her back! I love her!
It doesn't matter though! She's so stinkin' perfect! She's laughing, babbling, kicking her left leg and scooting around on her back! I love her!
See? Girl is SERIOUSLY hungry!

3 comments:
I think she is fine! I get the opposite reaction, people always act like I never feed Kiley. It might be because you are so small, but I think Rosalie looks perfectly normal for her age!
She looks right on target! And you know what else? In every picture you post I swear she switches from looking like a Smith to a Herrington. Seriously. She's such a blend--love it!
As for the food thing, I always let my babies cue me what to do. Brody wanted to do nothing but nurse till he was about 9 months old. Since he was such a chunk no one was the wiser.
Liv, however, was not a great nurser, and a little bitty thing, so we pushed food earlier. Do whatever your baby wants--as long as she's healthy it's fine.
Her eyes are gorgeous. She got some good genes there :)
Post a Comment