Sunday, May 6, 2012

Aaron's months 2 and 3 and Rosalie too!












     I can't believe it's been so long since I put ANYTHING on "paper" about these kids!  There is so much going on everyday (even though we rarely leave the house, lol)!
     Rosalie is as cute and funny as ever, but OH. BOY.  Her attitude/tantrums are out of hand! I think that there are several reasons behind the development: we've taken her naps away, because she wouldn't go to sleep at night, so in the evenings she gets pretty tired, she has a new baby brother, whom she loves to death.... but Mommy can't always help her with things IMMEDIATELY, the way that she's used to... and also. she's a normal two-year old!  But all day I hear "Don't say that to me! Don't say not now/later/when Daddy gets home/after lunch to me!!!"
     She is speaking so well!  I just love to watch her think about her sentence structure, you can see her little brain working through her eyes ;-) She often will start a sentence "We going to ... um... Are we going to the store?"  It's so much fun to see her correct herself. I'm so proud of her!  She's also adding these little phrases she hears to all of her little sentences, like 'every time' and 'all the time', 'not yet', 'not today' and 'really soon'. She doesn't always use them correctly, but it's always cute!
     Favorite Foods: Still fruit, guacamole, salsa, veggie straws, chicky nuggies and fries, buttered toast, cereal, yogurt pretzels and anything sweet!
     We're working on our Alphabet recognition and sounds by having a weekly letter... Monday's we do a "letter animal" craft (like a "B" shaped Bumblebee" Tuesdays we do letter tracing and a letter activity (B is for Ball Pit, balloons...), Wednesdays we do letter lunches (Bananas, Buttered Bread, Berries in a Bowl) and a letter book (Baby, I Love You, Bumble the Bee...), Thursdays we go for a photo safari walk (take pics of "B" words... bug, bottle, basketball goal, bush... and take them home and look at them on the computer... and Fridays we try to do a field trip (Bouncy house in the Backyard).  We definitely don't always get everything done, but it's nice to have goals :-)
     Favorite toys: Lego Duplos, Slide, Betsy the Elephant, her iPod Touch, crafts, water balloons
     Things we're working on: Sharing, volume control, self control, potty training (a little)
     Other Favorites: Curious George, Daddy's iPad, riding her 4-wheeler
     Things I can do: Count to 20-ish, identify almost all my letters, help with chores, make Baby Aaron smile, put on my shoes and take them off, ... a million other things....

     Aaron James is SUCH a sweet boy!  He's a great sleeper, he's been sleeping through the night (about 7-8 hours) most night since about 8 weeks old, the only exceptions being growth spurts when he wakes up about every 4 hours to eat.  When he does wake up to eat, I don't even have to put him back to sleep!  I just feed him in bed for about 5 minutes and then lay him back in his co-sleeper and he just goes back to sleep on his own!  So different from Rosalie!  He prefers to sleep in his co-sleeper still, but will usually snuggle with me in bed after he wakes up around 7:00 for about an hour or so :-)
     Aaron has, unfortunately started to hate his car seat like his big sister did at this age, although as in most things, he is a bit easier going about it.  Sometimes he's okay, others, like every time I have to drive far by myself. he is NOT!
     Aaron started to give us the biggest smiles around 7 weeks old, and will smile at you all day!  Anytime I just pop up and smile at him he'll cheese at me like I'm his favorite person in the world!  And he'll do that for almost anyone else too!
     We call Aaron "Buddy", quite often, but I don't know if it will stick :-)
     On May 2nd Aaron laughed for the first time! It was just a little laugh, and I've only gotten a couple since then, but it was so cute!  And what made him laugh his first laugh you ask?  Sigh, I was dancing him around on the floor after a diaper change to a commercial with the song "I'm Sexy and I know It" on it.... He LOVES this song!  How embarrassing! But of course I had to buy it on iTunes to try to get him to laugh again!  He didn't laugh at it again, but it will still keep him from crying in the car longer than anything else!!!
    Also, Aaron now LOVES his baths!
   

0 comments: